D TYPE – LONG TERM VISA APPLICATIONS (90+ DAYS)
Residence permit (D visa) applications shall be submitted at AS Visa's offices in:
Aziziye mahallesi Cinnah caddesi no: 98/1 Çankaya / ANKARA
Istiklal Mahallesi Derviş Gülbaba Sokak No.:2/C-D Beyoğlu – ISTANBUL (Polat Piyalepaşa)
Telefon: 0212 245 95 95
E - mail: email@example.com
Web site: https://www.as-visa.com/
Residence permit application can only be submitted by appointment, please, book an appointment here: https://konzinfobooking.mfa.gov.hu/home
As of April 1, 2022, appointments for residence permit (D visa) applications shall only be booked in the online appointment system by purpose of stay (work, study, Enter Hungary program, D-visa application with signature authorization, etc.). In case you choose the wrong type of purpose of stay in the appointment system, we cannot receive your application when you come to the Consulate and you have to book a new appointment.
D TYPE VISA APPLICATION PROCEDURE:
- D type visa application shall be logded in AS VISA Office from 08:00 to 10:00
- Istiklal Mahallesi Derviş Gülbaba Sokak No.:2/C-D Beyoğlu – ISTANBUL (Polat Piyalepaşa)
- Then the interview is at the Consulate General of Hungary in Istanbul:
- POLAT OFIS B Blok, İmrahor Cad. Yankı Sokak No: 27 Gürsel Mah., Kağıthane – 34400 ISTANBUL
Because of the large number of applicants, we cannot handle any delay, so please make sure that you arrive on time!
GENERAL INFORMATION ON RESIDENCE PERMIT (LONG TERM VISA) PROCEDURE
You can find the requirements and detailed information about the application process on the website of the Hungarian immigration authority: National Directorate-General for Aliens Policing: http://www.bmbah.hu/index.php?lang=en
The Application Forms and Appendix required for application can be downloaded from this website: http://www.bmbah.hu/index.php?lang=en
Please download and fill in all required documents before coming to submit the application. When submitting the application, documents specified on the websites must be submitted in original and in copy, too. If the application is incomplete, the applicant will be given a list of missing documents and until providing these documents, his/her application will not be sent to the Hungarian immigration authorities for evaluation and decision.
Fee must be paid at AS Visa's offices when submitting the application. The visa fee for all types of residence permits is 110 EUR.
- except for those applicants who are granted Stipendium Hungaricum state scholarships: those applications are free of charge
- the fee for the submission of all types of residence permits is 25 EUR, except for those applicants who are granted Stipendium Hungaricum state scholarships, whose fee for the application is 15 EUR.
Nationals of Türkiye need residence permit (long-term-visa) to take up work, voluntary work, study, conduct research, or join a third country national family member living in Hungary for a period of more than 90 days.
Residence permit application has to be submitted before the actual travel to Hungary.
Please note that short-term (so called C-visa or Schengen visa) does not permit you to travel to Hungary for working or studying beyond 90 days!
No application can be lodged by third persons! However, passport and decision on the residence permit application can be collected by a person presenting authorization duly signed by the applicant.
When lodging the application, you are expected to:
- Present an application form duly filled and signed. Application form is free of charge and can be downloaded from the website of the Hungarian immigration authority: National Directorate-General for Aliens Policing: http://www.bmbah.hu/index.php?lang=en.
- In case a minor (under 18) would travel alone, he/she shall submit an application form signed by both parents exercising permanent or temporary parental authority or legal guardianship. The minor shall also present a declaration of permission by both parents (exercising permanent or temporary parental authority or legal guardianship). In case the minor is travelling only with one of his/her parents, the other parent’s permission is needed. The declaration of permission has to be original and certified by public notary.
- Present a passport, which shall be valid at least for three months. Please check out before applying whether your passport contains at least two blank pages and it has to be issued within the previous 10 years.
- Present 2 biometric photos taken in the last 3 months, facing the objective directly, visible in the face, ears and forehead and the backlight must be white, size 35 mm x 45 mm.
- Pay the residence permit application fee of 110 EUR (except for applicants who are granted Stipendium Hungaricum state scholarships, whose application is free of charge) and the handling fee of 25 EUR for all type of applications (except for applicants who are granted Stipendium Hungaricum state scholarships, whose handling fee is 15 EUR). Fees must be paid at AS Visa's offices when submitting an application.
- Provide supporting documents. For further information please see the following section.
How long does the residence permit procedure takes?
- in case of study purpose: 15 days
- in case of employment purpose: 21 days, in specific cases 60 or 70 days
- in case of family reunion or gainful activity: 21 days
APPEAL: What can I do if my residence permit request is rejected?
In case of refusal, the decision can be appealed within 8 days of delivery, submitted to the authority of first instance: at the Consulate General of Hungary in Istanbul or the Embassy of Hungary in Ankara (respectively where the decision was made).
Appeal submissions are by appointment only (appointments shall be made via the online reservation system: ONLINE BOOKING SYSTEM)
The fee for the appeal is 160 EUR.